Florida - SB 90 - 2017
Relating to renewable energy source devices; amending s. 193.624, F.S.; revising the definition of the term ârenewable energy source deviceâ; prohibiting the consideration of just value of property attributable to a renewable energy source device in determining the assessed value of any real property; deleting a provision relating to applicability as of a specified date; creating s. 196.182, F.S.; exempting a renewable energy source device from the tangible personal property tax; providing for expiration; reenacting ss. 193.155(4)(a) and 193.1554(6)(a), F.S., relating to homestead assessments and nonhomestead residential property assessments, respectively, to incorporate the amendment made to s. 193.624, F.S., in references thereto; providing that specified amendments made by the act expire on a certain date; providing an effective date.View Latest Bill
Financing and Financial Incentives
- 12-01-2016 - Filed
- 12-16-2016 - Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations
- 01-30-2017 - On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 02/07/17, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
- 02-07-2017 - Favorable by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
- 02-08-2017 - Now in Community Affairs
- 02-13-2017 - On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/21/17, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
- 02-21-2017 - CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
- 02-22-2017 - Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
- 02-24-2017 - Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
- 03-07-2017 - CS by Community Affairs read 1st time
- 03-07-2017 - Introduced
|Date||Motion (click for details)||Chamber||Committee||Yes|
|02-21-2017||Favorable with Committee Substitute||Senate||8||0||0||yes|
Lawmaker looks to carry out Amendment 4 - WJXT Jacksonville
Published by news4jax.com
Fri, 02 Dec 2016 01:27:05 GMT
The bill (SB 90) would enact Amendment 4, which lawmakers put before voters to extend a residential renewable-energy tax break to commercial and industrial properties. "The voters of Florida spoke loud and clear that they expect the sunshine state to ...
Lawmakers look to carry out solar amendment - WJXT Jacksonville
Published by news4jax.com
Tue, 21 Feb 2017 19:51:25 GMT
... through the Senate on Tuesday. The Community Affairs Committee unanimously backed the bill (SB 90) to enact Amendment 4, which lawmakers put before voters to extend a residential renewable-energy tax break to commercial and industrial properties ...
Amendment 4 implementing bill clears first Senate committee - Florida Politics (blog)
Published by floridapolitics.com
Tue, 07 Feb 2017 20:40:54 GMT
... which exempts solar and renewable energy devices from property taxes in Florida. The Senate Communications, Energy & Public Utilities Committee voted unanimously to approved the bill (SB 90). The bill, sponsored ... of new markets for Vote Solar ...
Florida lawmakers advance bill to strike property taxes on solar panels - Utility Dive
Published by utilitydive.com
Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:56:46 GMT
The Florida Senate Communications, Energy and Public Utilities Committee unanimously recommended adoption of SB 90, moving ahead with a mandate from voters to increase solar adoption. According to Florida Politics, the tax exemption would go into ...
Florida Senate committee passes bill to implement Amendment 4 - PV-Tech
Published by pv-tech.org
Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:15:47 GMT
With the Senate committee approval, it is one step closer to being a key driver in the lowering of energy costs in the Sunshine State. Source: Flickr/Wody Hibbard. Florida's Senate committee has unanimously approved SB 90, a bill that would implement ...